Side Out Gym Floor Finish
Side Out is an acrylic wood floor finish that provides a highly durable coating with extremely high gloss in gymnasiums, sports floors and other wood surface floors. Easy to apply. Dries quick. Repels scratching, scuffing and rubber burn marks. Recommended to be used on sealed wood floors.
F193026 – 1/5 pail
Designed to be used on wood sports floors in public and private schools, universities, professional arenas, and health clubs. Can also be used on private wood flooring following use directions.
NOTE: Avoid applying on extremely hot and humid days or when floor temperature is below 21°C. NOTE: Wet floors are slippery. Prevent pedestrian traffic with a wet floor sign or barricades.
pH – 8.5 ± 0.5
Appearance – Off White Liquid
Fragrance – Polymeric
Freezing Point – About 32°F
% Solids – 30%
Boiling Point – 212°F
Solubility in Water – Dispersible
Flash Point – None
Coverage – 500 to 700 sq. ft. per gallon (may vary due to differences in porosity of the surface)
Directions for Use
1. Remove all soil. Wear non-marking soft-soled gym shoes. Check for wax, gum or other substances.
2. Screen entire floor with 120-150 grit screens until floor is uniformly dull. Remove any swirls caused by screens with sequential “fine” screens (above 150 grit).
NOTE: For scrub and re-coat procedure scrub floor using an auto scrubber or swing machine with a brown, black or surface prep pad depending on condition of floor. Follow all other procedures as described.
3. Before tacking, be sure doors are locked and air movement (fan) is turned off.
4. Sweep and vacuum up all dust from floor. Do not use treated dust mops. Floor dust is combustible. Remove from vacuums and all containers.
5. Tack floor with WATER-DAMPENED Turkish towels, tightly wrung out. Repeat tacking until floor is dust free.
6. Allow floor to dry until there is NO sign of moisture.
7. Apply first coat using a light weight t-bar applicator. Work steadily without stopping, feathering as you go, until the entire coat is applied.
8. Allow to dry (2-4 hours under normal conditions). Do not exceed 16 hours prior to re-coating or screening or scrubbing will be necessary.
9. Apply second coat using same method as above.
10. If additional gloss is desired, apply a third coat as in step #7.
11. Release to light traffic after 24 hours and heavy traffic after 48 hours.
Water – 7732-18-5
Acrylicpolymer – Mixture
Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether – 111-90-0
Dibutylphthalate – 84-74-2
Oxidized polyethylene wax – 68441-17-8